Here is how to get a Google Spreadsheet on your website. You can also embed Google Documents but the process is different (easier).
1. Open the spreadsheet you want to share
2. Go to "File" in the left corner of the Google Spreadsheet (not the web browser)
3. Choose "publish this to the web"
4. See attached image: Under "Sheets to publish"
- "Automatically republish when changes are made" is checked
- "Require viewers to sign in with their (your non profit organization) account" is unchecked
5.Under "Get a link to publish the data" choose the option that says "HTML to embed a page"
6. Copy the "iframe" code that appeared below what was mentioned in step 5.
7.Paste the code into any text box through the CMS in the HTML icon
You can't embed an excel or word doc because they are not web based. You can link to them but people without those programs on their computer won't be able to open the link.
With Google Docs, you can update the spreadsheet or doc from your account (without logging into the Bridge Element CMS) and it will automatically update on your website.